.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

SSKC Noma 10K £10 Challenge

I wrote in a previous post a couple of days ago that I would like the club to do something for the charity Dr Kelvin has been working with: "Facing Africa".

Kelvin drop me an e mail saying that he is doing a 10k run for the charity in July and challenging me (and other members of SSKC) to join him, or just make a donation.

This got me thinking....what about "pyramid challenging", it's a bit like pyramid selling but hopefully it will allow us to make a difference to the charity in 2008.

Here is what you have to do in a few easy steps:

  1. Accept the challenge and agree to run, jog or walk 10k between now and the end of July.
  2. Agree to raise a minimum of £10 for the charity.
  3. E mail me using the link in the sidebar accepting the challenge (so I can update readers on how many people have taken up the challenge)
  4. The Pyramid part... Challenge a minimum of three people to also take part, anywhere at anytime.
  5. The important bit....pay your sponsorship/donation to Facing Africa, you can use the link in the sidebar, please put a note in the comment section that you took part in the SSKC 10k £10 challenge.PS Don't forget to use gift Aid!
  6. Please e mail me and let me know how much you raised, I keep an ongoing total on the blog.

I have put a few links in the sidebar for your information:

"Noma" - What it is all about


"Kelvin's Page" - You Tube and BBC links on the Yorkshire medical team's work in Ethiopia

"Facing Africa" - A link to the charities web site


"Online Donations" - A link straight to the donation page

To try and make A big start I will be challenging all my Karate contacts, Army contacts and family, friends and work colleagues, all you have to do is accept the challenge and challenge three more people to do the same!

If you have jumped into the middle of our blog via a search engine you may want to go to our latest post; please follow the link below that will relaunch the blog
SSKC latest post

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home