.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Friday, May 14, 2010

More Asai Ryu Kata Uploaded

I have uploaded a few more kata from Latvia,
  • Joko Sansei
  • Joko Yonsei
  • Di Ni (Dai Ni Ken)
  • Di San (Dai San Ken)
  • Di Yon (Dai Yon Ken)
  • Kokutsu Dachi No Kata
Joko Sansei and Yonsei are as I remember Sensei Brian Toomey and Sensei Kato teaching them at Whitchurch Hombu dojo.
However I have a totally different recollection of the Di kata. I remember Kato Sensei teaching them nearly 10 years ago, but I am not sure if they evolved many times, like most of the Asai kata. I discussed the Dai kata with Sensei Stacey from Tuam when I was over there and I believe that IJKA Ireland follow the kata similar to those practiced in Latvia, but I would be interested in your comments.
Kato Sensei also taught Kokutsu Dachi No Kata a few years ago. I was working on my back stance at the time and I was also exploring some of the Dan grade kata like Kanku Sho. This Kata greatly assisted a small level of improvement in my back stance and helped with transition of weight while moving.

If you follow the link to my kata page and double click on the kata name, it will take you to the video of the kata selected.

Click on the yellow buttons below to return to the "HOME" or sskc "Kata" pages.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home