.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from SSKC

I would like to wish all the readers of our blog a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I would encourage all of us to set ourselves a target/s for 2010, challenging, achievable but a target that will push you. At the end of 2010 you will be proud of what you have achieved.

Without a target you are unlikely to meet your possible potential. I experience many similarities between serving in the military and the dojo. Push yourself to achieve and you will be surprised by your reward...self worth.

My personal targets are:
  1. To loose 10Kg and keep it off (this time)
  2. To compete at the Army Martial Arts competition in March and improve on previous years performance.
  3. To run a bigger and better IJKA Yorkshire competition in May.
  4. To train harder than all of our students. Post grading is not a time to relax but to push forward.
  5. To take a squad to Tallin, Estonia in June.
  6. To remember my kata! I will learn all five Junro kata and probably introduce the first three to the dojo.
  7. Complete all the many administrative functions of our club, so we can develop during 2010 from a good club to a great club. (I will need your support for this one)
  8. Enjoy my karate!

Osu!


Click on the yellow button below to return to the "HOME" page

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Paul

    A good idea, here are mine

    I will loose 50lbs and keep it off

    When I am not at work and there is training at SSKC I will attend (and not sit at home drinking cheap cider)

    I will compete at least once this year

    I will be a better student and classmate

    I will be a good role model as a Dan grade within SSKC

    I will attend as many Sensei Kato courses as possible this year

    I will help with SSKC as people wish (whatever help is needed)

    Regards and all the best for the new year

    Osu

    Ian

    By Blogger Ian Culpan, at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home