.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Friday, July 06, 2007

IJKA European Chamoinships 2007

On Wednesday, Helen Rebecca and myself will be leaving for Hungary.

I have more than a few mixed feelings about the trip. I have my name down for the veterans events, am I too old now to be competing? With a relatively new job and working long hours, my karate has taken a poor second place. I was definitely better 6 months ago, my karate is going backwards, so should I compete at all? Well I think I will just go and enjoy myself, meet and train with some old friends and we will probably meet some new. I have no doubt that I will only be making the numbers up in competitors, but if it makes for a better competition for everybody else, I have achieved something by turning up and entering.

Helen is competing for the first time in the Europeans and her karate is looking the sharpest it has ever looked. She is still fighting against niggling injuries but as long as she does her best I am sure that she will be happy. She will surely meet some tough competition.

My daughter Rebecca is also taking part, we have permission from her school for her to attend in school term. Rebecca is taking a GCSE in physical training and she wants her karate to take an integral part in her course. I see Rebecca improving week by week and I am sure that although she is still a 2nd kyu that she will reach Nidan before me.

I would like to wish all competitors the very best of luck and we look forward to seeing you all next week. Many thanks to our hosts that have put in many hours of hard work organising the event. Osu!

If you have jumped into the middle of our blog via a search engine you may want to go to our latest post; please follow the link below that will relaunch the blog



  • SSKC latest post
  • Labels: , , ,

    3 Comments:

    • Paul, Helen and Rebecca

      All the best for the forthcoming course and IJKA European Championships. Win, loose or draw it is an honour to represent your country (I have not done this and am very envious). I am sure you will do yourselves proud.

      Ian

      By Blogger Ian Culpan, at 10:10 PM  

    • Same here Guys. I'm approaching 40 myself and still enjoy competing (Although not as often as I used to). Alot can be said for experience and a cool head. Good luck to you all.
      Look forward to your posting on your return plus plenty of pics I hope.

      Andy Bailey

      By Blogger Andy Bailey,Yondan, at 9:16 PM  

    • Good luck to the three of you, Paul, Helen and Rebecca. Despite your various misgivings and injuries, I feel sure you will do the club and yourselves proud - you all have that Karate Spirit and determination to compete - and win. See you when you get back.
      Bernard.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home