.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Favourite Hobby by Charlotte Haxby


My favourite hobby
Karate



My favourite hobby is karate because I enjoy learning a martial art, it’s a good form of exercise and I get to make some good friends.
I also like karate because I can spend some quality time with my Dad as we are members of the same club. It gives us something to talk about and we practise in our own time and support each other. I also like going to competitions to represent the club and support other members.
I am pleased with how far I have got and I hope to go even further and achieve a higher grade (Black Belt). I have also learnt to count in Japanese. I hope that one day I will be able to take the club trip to Japan as I think it would be fascinating to visit the place where Karate originated from.
One of my greatest achievements was winning the Trevor Jinks Cup. It is awarded to the person who has made the most progress in the year.
Karate is quite challenging, which is good because I am up for a challenge. I like helping teach the younger club members because it is nice to share what I have learnt so far.
I like karate because I can do something different.

By Charlotte Haxby


A worthy winner of the TJ Cup, Charlotte san ne rei, Osu! - Sensei Paul - 

Click on the yellow button below to return to the "HOME" page

5 Comments:

  • Charlotte's school homework was to write about her favourite hobby. I think it is a credit to Paul/Bex and the club that her first and only thought was to write about Karate.

    By Anonymous Kathryn Haxby, at 9:35 PM  

  • When Charlotte sent this to me straight away I wanted her to share it with Paul & Bex.
    I am very proud of Charlotte and I can see her growing in confidence.
    I would like to say a big thanks to everybody at the club who have helped and supported Charlotte.
    I am looking forward to the day that Charlotte and I can go to Japan together.
    Osu.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 PM  

  • Hi Charlotte

    I really enjoyed reading about your favourite hobby and your wonderful reasons for training. Karate is a wonderful discipline that helps to mould an individual as they get older and seeing how disciplined and dedicated you are only stands you in good stead to achieve your dreams and ambitions. You are a wonderful role model for all club members, young and old!

    Osu

    Sensei Fran x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 AM  

  • That is fantastic and inspiring!

    Well done Charlotte, you are a credit to our club. Your Dad should be very proud of you (and himself as well actually!).

    Osu.

    By Blogger DStavenau, at 9:09 AM  

  • Brilliant! Osu!

    By Anonymous Abi Marchant, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home