.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shotokan Karate Videos

I am always on the lookout for some good Shotokan karate videos, I have recently been sent a few links by Hans Ranah Sensei. I also had a few myself and I have now put them in the side bar so they can be easily accessed. I have not embedded them as many of them I could not get permission to post. Please follow the links in the sidebar on anything that takes your interest.

  • There is a link to Asai Sensei demonstrating on Kenshusei at the JKS Honbu dojo (Kamal Sensei and Makita Sensei)
  • There is a demonstration by Tanaka Sensei
  • Kumite between Kagawa Sensei and Yahara Sensei with Asai Sensei as Referee
  • Kagawa Sensei performing kata
  • Yahara Sensei with a perfect Ippon
  • Yahara Sensei's 8th Dan Grading
  • Asai Sensei kumite with Bertel Sensei

Some of the links take a while to load and I have found it best to play the video at least twice to catch up on any buffering .

If anyone knows of any other top quality videos please e mail the links so I can take a look.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.



If you have jumped into the middle of our blog via a search engine you may want to go to our latest post; please follow the link below that will relaunch the blog
  • SSKC latest post
  • 2 Comments:

    • This is a very nice blog indeed.

      Shotokan videos, I don't know how comfortable you are with french, but here's a link. (google translate can help...)

      http://shotokancrsa.com/katas.htm

      you need a password that's on this page :

      http://shotokancrsa.com/index1.htm
      (look for the yellow lock at the bottom right of the page just above the counter (kachi presently))

      You've probably seen them already. They did help when I was practicing shotokan karate-do. A fine art.

      Have a good day,

      Mathieu

      By Blogger Mathieu, at 1:40 PM  

    • Paul

      Great site, there are a lot of Shotokan video's on YouTube. Just put Shotokan in the search on the site. There are many good ones including Shihan Kanazawa performing most kata's, Luca Valdesi phonomenal Kata performances in the WKF word championships to name but a few.
      As an student at your club (I joined on the same beginners course as Sensei Trevor)I enjoy this blog and log on every few days in the hope you have posted something new. Well done to all in the JKS open and keep up the good work

      All the best

      Ian Culpan

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home