.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Selby Shotokan Karate Club span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Friday, August 25, 2006

Quote for today

I came across this quote from Abbe Sensei (Aikidoka), I liked it, so I thought I would share it with you:

"My English is very bad but my shinai speaks fluently"

In our association the shinai has all but disappeared, it is sometimes used directly to the floor to assist karateka in stepping faster, but usually its shear presence in Sensei's hand is enough to provide that little additional effort that Sensei required.

Is the shinai still used at your club? I would be interested in any feedback.

Osu!

1 Comments:

  • In my Kyokushin Karate, I have felt the inspiration of something that is similar to a shinai to help me adjust my stance.

    I was quite comfortable with the use of this "stick" in my training, but then I trust my Sensei with my whole heart.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home